Production Diary

Production diary

This is an informal post presenting all the information for my planning, production and photography for my project in a diary format. I go through production every week and will document it here with detailed notes/information. It will be a singular diary for all 2 different projects.


14/03/22

For this project planning everything in detail was a must because of the condition and previous experience over the years. Firstly I questioned how to present and observe my audience within this region, making everyone feel comfortable and welcome to work with my project and understand it. Due to that, I wanted to include popular landmarks known by the public, Hylton Castle and the Stadium of Light. Both playing an important part of a make's lifestyle and social life, football is the English cultural sport therefore the Stadium of Light and its club is the main focus for entertainment and representation of the city.

3 Steps I was following to make my poster well presented were

  • Make sure the subject is focused and well-positioned within a selective position of my scale.
  • Presenting the location well in the background, for example, details, clarity, and colours look correct.
  • Aware of the surroundings and making selective areas included.
15/03/22

Today the weather was correct and I wanted to go out and photograph some images for my projects. I have the two locations presented that will be my main attraction for the public I just needed two lovely models to participate and I was able to get permission for the go-ahead to take some images with my model. on the way there we were stuck in traffic and I was worried if the weather would change drastically due to the time it'll take to get there, stay until everything is done and then come back to college as well. fortunately enough the weather did not change and we arrived in a well time gap, There was no public in both areas which made everything smooth like peanut butter and allowed my creativity to flow easier. On the trip to both locations, I was changing the settings on my Nikon making sure everything is pre-set rather than wasting time on the location.

17/03/22
Today was very hard to complete all the tasks I set out to do, I selected exactly which images I could use from roughly 30 for each model to 2 final ones was a very hard choice but I needed to make sure the photos were reliable and sharp enough that I'll have no difficulties editing but even then there still an issue, for some reason photoshop would not load the images I have taken they are simple jpeg files high quality usually it will load them but recently I have had many issues with photoshop deciding not to load them or simply not even open and because of that I decided to go in our library and complete the editing and pre-production diary's there, I have made sure all my images are on one driver due to the fact I cant transfer files between windows and ios otherwise that'll be the best decision.

These are a few of the examples: 

Images selection

Sophie

Goncalo


Final Selection of images that have the potential to become a poster:


18/03/22
This was my first attempt at making a poster for Sunderland culture my main client, within the Sunderland community a large amount supports their beloved football team due to that one of my main ideas became creating a poster for Sunderland and I wanted to include their home stadium as a backdrop. The writing is masked to the image without colour gradient making it stand out which is a simple and nice effect to present in the eyes of my younger and older audience.



20/03/22
I decided to scrap that whole draft and start over again. I had feedback from friends and the individuals who were into this project. The main feedback was to change colours and edit the raw image a more to present more light and shadows to create contrast in the image and then re-adjust the size of my poster because it makes the images lose quality and what I have been doing today basically.

22/03/22
i started on my new and probably final PSD file for this project, I made sure everything was the right size (2200 X 3300 pixels). I started the project and will possibly finish it within a week's time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pre Production - Equipment List

Final Product & Evaluation